Acorn Junior Summer Camp is part of Acorn International, a family run school based in a stunning Grade II listed preparatory school in the heart of the North Yorkshire countryside. We offer activity adventure courses for between 1 and 4 weeks that will keep your 6 – 13 year old child’s mind stimulated during the long summer holidays and allow them to experience an amazing Harry Potter style residential stay, whilst developing their independence and maturity.
We provide a rich and varied morning educational curriculum combined with a variety of exciting afternoon and evening educational and leisure trips and activities. Acorn Summer School has a truly international dimension because at least 50% of our children come from countries all over the world to improve their English, meet native speaking British children and experience all that England has to offer. We aim to provide your child with the opportunities to enjoy an exciting and well balanced summer programme surrounded by the beautiful, Howardian hills in an area of ‘Outstanding Natural Beauty’. Acorn Junior Summer camp is perfectly situated to allow our young inquisitive students to see, first hand, all that the vibrant Yorkshire countryside has to offer!
All of our morning sessions are hands-on, engaging and interesting and include the full range of subjects from the British Primary Curriculum. Our Ethos is very much about enjoyment and we include a great deal of practical subjects such as science, arts and crafts, sport, cookery, drama, ICT, music, story writing and more meaning that all of our students really do gain something from each session. After an inspiring and engaging morning of sessions led by our fully qualified primary trained teachers, afternoons are then spent participating in specialist sports classes, junior adventure activities, educational and leisure trips or sometimes winding down with a swim in our on site pool or a walk in the countryside with members of our highly experienced staff!
Our price is all-inclusive and includes:
• Morning activity based sessions incorporating a range of primary subjects;
• Afternoon excursions, activities and sports lessons that make use of our on-site private swimming pool, tennis courts, state of the art sports hall, cricket and football pitches and stunning sports fields.
• Fun excursions during the week;
• Social and leisure excursions during the weekends;
• Harry Potter style boarding accommodation;
• 24 hour supervision and care of junior children by experienced and qualified staff on our safe and secure campus;
• Three meals per day plus snacks;
• Certificate of attendance signed by the Principal;
• Course photograph;
• Summer school rucksack;
Evening activities will vary and could include any of the following:
• Arts and crafts;
• Use of sports facilities and on-site swimming pool;
• Music sessions;
• Beach games;
• Pamper evening;
• Theme Parks;
• Treasure hunt;
• Local walks;
• DVD Evenings with pop corn;
• Quizzes and discos.
Junior adventure activities can also be built in to our course so please ask for details. Examples include rock climbing, abseiling, surfing, quad biking, orienteering, archery and many more…
If you would like to know more then please do get in touch.
Offers and discounts are frequently available so please contact us for details.
We look forward to hearing from you!