English for Parents
Acorn International is now offering limited parent English places!
Acorn International is delighted to announce that due to popular demand, in addition to our Junior Only programmes we are now offering parent English classes! Many parents have expressed interest in accompanying their young children to the UK and in order to make our courses truly family friendly we are now offering a limited number of places for parents wishing to improve their English at the same time as their children.
Parents are always separate from the junior programme and are taught by experienced and qualified ESOL teachers.
Prices start from £450 per week and include the following:
- Small class English lessons Monday to Friday from 9am – 12 noon;
- A focus on conversation, grammar, reading, writing, accent and confidence;
- A local area pack containing a list of attractions where English can be practised plus information regarding tourist activities to see and things to do in the afternoons and evenings;
- Assistance booking accommodation;
- 1 – 4 weeks can be booked.
- Opportunity to visit children during designated visiting times.
Parents need to book accommodation off site but we can offer advice regarding places to stay near to the school or in the city of York. York is a vibrant tourist city 25km from the school with a wealth of historical attractions, luxury accommodation, designer shopping, exciting restaurants and the famous York Racecourse.
We do want parents to improve their English but attending classes should not be seen as a way of seeing your children each day. The children need to settle in with their new friends and we find they can be more homesick if they see a lot of their parents. During the week parents will not be able to see children unless arranged with the Principal but at weekends it can be arranged for parents to take children out for the day or overnight, if required.